Re: Still not understanding pixmaps vs RGBs

Understood. The tile size should be an ABI-compatible change though,
if you end up _needing_ to make it.

Mmm. Say, is there an equivalent to the Windows method of getting a window handle for the desktop? It would be good if I could draw direct to the background. I can't help but feel that I am losing performance in the fact that gdk is splitting up and queueing my large blit requests.

And by using the GX1 processor, I can build a complete 300MHz PC with

Hey, I could use a couple of those. ;-)

Well, that's a parts/manufacturing cost, of course. The cheapest you can get these in the USA is from an SBC
manufacturer like www.e-valuetech.com. Hardware of the type I described is about US$230 in one-piece quantity
(64Mb RAM though).

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work     http://www.digi-frame.com/