Re: Looking for a tree widget

Liam Quin <liam holoweb net> writes:

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 10:55:41AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
A neat way of doing this might be to write it as an alternate view on
GtkTreeModel from GTK 2. (i.e. a replacement for GtkTreeView)

Hmm, can the nodes be arbitrary widgests and/or canvas items?
Are there docs for GtkTreeModel?  Examples?

GtkTreeModel just holds data in a tree format.  It does not have any
information on how to render it -- that's all done in the GtkTreeView
widget.  I think it would be pretty darn easy to use it as a backend to
such a widget.  It is a little light on documentation, unfortunately.
I'd like to document it more in the future, but for now, if you have any
specific questions send them my way.

A web search revealed quite a few interesting applications, although
the top match at Google was an advertisement for faucets.

Yet another wide-open market for free software to make its mark!!!!

-Jonathan