Re: help

wangwei wrote:

Hi,
    I compiled the "hello word " prgram on my linux system, but I
can't run it. The error message is " Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open
display".
I don't know if there is some problem with configuration or something
else.
Please help me if possible, thank you very much!
Thanks and regards,

Hi wangwei,

There could be a couple of different problems here. So, let me get to a
couple of them, if these dont work, reply with more information about
your setup.

1. Are you running X ?

-there must be a display to execute the UI program on.

2. What user did you log into X as ?

3. What user are you trying to run the example as ?

-this could be a problem if the two users are different, and one doesnt
have access to the others X session.  So, either make sure that these
are the same user, or check out the xhost command.

HTH,

Thomas