From:         Marco Quezada[SMTP:mquezada nlxcorp com]
Sent:         Monday, December 11, 2000 1:40 PM
To:   GTK List
Subject:      Combo box and GList

Hi,

In my application I created a combo box which gets drawn when the
program starts up. The combo box will be holding variable names read
from a file but because the file has not been specified by the user the
combo is blank. After the user selects a file the code parses the data
and extracts a list of variable names which are appended to a GList type
in the following way:

TAMAL_GLBL->variable_index_list =
g_list_append(TAMAL_GLBL->variable_index_list, g_strdup(local_status));

Unfortunately even though the index list gets data appended to it, the
variable names do not display inside the combo box even after running:

while (gtk_events_pending())
{
     gtk_main_iteration();
}

Is there a way to get the variables to display after showing the combo
box ?

Thanks.

--
Marco Quezada