Re: help

wangwei wrote:
Hi,    I compiled the "hello word " prgram on my linux system, but I can't run it. The error message is " Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display".I don't know if there is some problem with configuration or something else.Please help me if possible, thank you very much!Thanks and regards,
On the comand prompt type

in X windows open a terminal prompt, issue the commands ($ denotes the prompt and I an assuming your using something like bash or sh)

$DISPLAY=YOU_IP_ADDRESS:0.0
$export DISPLAY

ex.
$DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

or
    DISPLAY=abc.cde.efg:0.0

and try again you app again.

If you are using tcsh or csh it'll be something like

setenv DISPLAY=abc.cde.efg:0.0  I think