Re: [gthumb-list] catalog sorting

Il 04/03/2016 19:44, Alan Pater ha scritto:
Name sorting is counter productive from my point of view.

I depend on the metadata for organizing and do not rename files. Sorting
by the meaningless names from a dozen random sources is less then useful.

I sort and search by date or by keywords or by location or by subject.
Names contain none of that information. That is why we have metadata, a
much richer and powerful organization system.

just to be clear, I'm talking about the catalog order in the tree view, not about the images order inside a catalog.

- Paolo