Re: [gthumb-list] catalog sorting

Name sorting is counter productive from my point of view.

I depend on the metadata for organizing and do not rename files. Sorting by the meaningless names from a dozen random sources is less then useful.

I sort and search by date or by keywords or by location or by subject. Names contain none of that information. That is why we have metadata, a much richer and powerful organization system.