Re: [gthumb-list] catalog sorting

Il 04/03/2016 12:53, Iain Mellis ha scritto:
Hi Michael,

Just going back to this catalogue problem. I've noticed that it is only
the photos that I import that won't sort. I import from the camera
directly via usb and name it using the Event section on the import
dialogue. However none of these are sorted alphabetically. If I create a
Catalogue separately and then import the files and move them there it is
sorted alphabetically.

Is this normal behaviour or a bug? It adds a bit extra to my workflow so
I think it is a bug still.

I have just read the code and it is the intended behaviour, the catalog list is sorted by date and then by name, and catalogs with a date are listed before catalogs without a date.

For some reason the catalog date is considered more interesting than the name, honestly I don't remember why. Sorting by name seems a more natural choice to me. I will change the sort order before the next release if no one has anything against that.

- Paolo