Re: [gthumb-list] Need a Script to migrate .comments .xml files to ITPC

Il 23/11/2011 16:50, Schlaegel ha scritto:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Paolo Bacchilega
<paolo bacchilega libero it>  wrote:
It seems that tags are visible in gThumb (with this many files gThumb
goes slowly), I just was expecting the tag dialog to start with
checked tags that were present already checked.

If you select more than an image, only the tags present in all the images
are checked, if you select a single image and its tags are unchecked then
there is an error (but I just tried and cannot reproduce this case).

I only select one file. I never see a tag checked in the context menu,
or the dialog that pops up when clicking the "...other" in the tags
context menu.

That dialog only adds the checked tags to the selected images, it doesn't delete the unchecked tags from them, for this reason it doesn't show the check sign for the already associated tags. I see that this can be confusing.

I DO see tags listed in the properties sidebar and the
"Edit comment and..." toolbar dialog.

This means that gThumb reads the tags correctly.

$ zcat dscn5453.jpg.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Comment
format="2.0"><Place/><Time>0</Time><Note/><Keywords>Noah,Birthday,Party</Keywords></Comment>

this format (2.0) can be read by gthumb 2.14 without problems

Is there a way to force gThumb to write the tags out to ITPC?
Can anyone share a script that reads in the .comment .xml files and
adds missing tags to the ITPC of the jpegs?

gThumb has done this to some images, but not to all images, and I
can't see any way to control if gThumb writes tags out to ITPC.

the properties sidebar shows the IPTC fields

Without this I cannot move, reorganize, edit externally, or rename my
files without suffering tag loss.

-Schlaegel

- Paolo