Re: [gthumb-list] Need a Script to migrate .comments .xml files to ITPC

Il 21/11/2011 18:31, Schlaegel ha scritto:
I have been using gThumb for many years, and noticed that 1000s of my
old photos have no tags associated with them, despite the fact that I
spent many many many hours adding tags to them. I investigated and see
that there are still .comments directories with .xml files holding the
tags, but gThumb moved on, and somehow my files' tags didn't get
upgraded.

I assume many others were faced with this situation and someone made a
script for this. Googling helped determined that the change was about
a year ago, and that others faced the problem, but I haven't found a
solution.

Does anyone know of a way to convert the tags?
I have been looking for a script that would find the .comments .xml
files and then run some program to apply the tags to the actual .jpg
files.

$ /usr/bin/gthumb -v
gthumb 2.14.0, Copyright © 2001-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Thank you!

gThumb 2.14 is supposed to read the old comment format (version 2) without problem, it just can't read the very first version of the format (version 1), can you see if what version your comment are written in ? If in doubt you can post the file here, removing the sensible info. If you still have the comments in version 1 format I can do a little script to convert them to version 3.

- Paolo