[gthumb-list] Selected browser caption fields don't appear unless Comment is opened and closed

In preferences I have selected 'Description', 'Date', 'Name' and 'Title'
to be displayed in the caption in the browser.  However all that appears
is the file name for the image until I click on Comment and then close
the Comment window after which all the selected fields appear in the
caption.

Once I have done this (that is open and close the Comment box) for an
image the caption stays populated.  It's going to take a *long* time to
do this for several thousand images though!  Is there some way I can get
the captions populated automatically?

--
Chris Green