[gthumb-list] Delete key doesn't work as expected

Hi,

in my gthumb, the delete key which should be bound to "move to trash" according to the manual doesn't work as expected.

If I select an image and then hit the delete key, the image is removed from the list of open images in gthumb but isn't moved to the trash.
In fact, gthumb seems to not touch the file system at all if I use the delete key.

on the other hand, klicking on the image with the right button and then selecting the menu entries "move to trash" or "delete" work as expected.

this is gthumb 2.14.1 as is comes with debian.

Any ideas how to solve this?

regards,

--
Johannes