Re: [gthumb-list] gvfs-based photo importer

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 07:48 -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
I have committed my first attempt at modifying the photo importer to use
gvfs with the libgphoto2 backend.

I forgot to mention 2 things:

1) The gvfs-gphoto backend is supposed to provide access to image
previews through G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_PREVIEW_ICON, though it doesn't seem
to work on my Fedora 10 system. Perhaps I need a later version of
something, but I also suspect that we are not extracting the pixbuf from
the gicon correctly anyway. I would appreciate it if someone could
test/examine src/dlg-photo-importer.c:gfile_get_preview in trunk.

Since the G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_PREVIEW_ICON fails, we are mostly using
gdk_pixbuf ops to generate a scaled preview, which is slow of course.

I think you will need the GNOME 2.26 versions of GVfs and GnomeDesktop
for this to work. IIRC this code was added in late October last year.
FWIW, it works on my F11 box (I tested with just browsing files using
Nautilus).

Cheers,
David