Re: [gthumb-list] gvfs-based photo importer
- From: "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc avtechpulse com>
- To: Jef Driesen <jefdriesen hotmail com>
- Cc: gthumb-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gthumb-list] gvfs-based photo importer
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:06:17 -0400
Jef Driesen wrote:
I would develop this change into a separate feature branch. We have git
for a reason :-) This is a major change with a very high impact on end
users, so we should be extra careful with this. Maybe even keep the old
gphoto code (with a couple of #ifdef's) around for some time, in case
the new code breaks something.
Nah. If it was stuck in a branch, no one except me would test it!
My testing suggests that the gvfs-based importer works pretty well. I
was sceptical at first, but after coding and testing it, the basic
approach seems sound and elegant.
#ifdefs are not really an option. It's way too complex for that. All or
I'm sure we'll modify the UI some. I don't claim to be a UI guru.
] [Thread Prev