[gthumb-list] gvfs-based photo importer

Hi all,

I have committed my first attempt at modifying the photo importer to use gvfs with the libgphoto2 backend.

You may need to install extra packages on your system to use it. On Fedora, you need "yum install gvfs-gphoto2". Also, the distro-provided launcher scripts may not work correctly now, because they may unmount the gvfs mount point that we want to use now. If this happens to use, cancel the script and launch the importer from inside gthumb.

Right now, if you launch the importer from the File menu, it scans /media and ~/.gvfs/gphoto* for dcim directories, without input from the user. It tries to identify all image files in these folders.

It can be launched against particular dcim or non-dcim folders using "gthumb --import-photos /path/to/images".

We'll probably want to tweak the UI to allow the selection of particular folders. We might want to have 2 menu entries: "Import from all attached cameras" and "Import from specific folder" (with a folder chooser).

Anyway, patches welcome!

Oh, read here for the pros and cons of using gvfs in the importer: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gvfs-list/2009-May/msg00001.html

- Mike