Re: get_transform crashes with pygoocanvas0.14

Le samedi 27 juin 2009 à 13:08 -0700, Brandon Lewis a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> >> Thanks for the test. Your script crashes on my side, I have probably
> >> screwed something on my system.
> >
> > I found what's going on. By default Ubuntu ships with python-cairo
> > 1.4.12 (on 9.04 and currently on 9.10 as well).
> >
> > But pygoocanvas requires a pycairo >= 1.8.0
> >
> > I installed pycairo 1.8.4 but it is installed by default
> > in /usr/local/lib. When I run a pygoocanvas application, obviously the
> > installed version in /usr/lib is used. I made a link
> > /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cairo
> > -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cairo/
> >
> > and it works.
> >
> > Next stage, that's a real mess, what is the process to distribute a
> > pygoocanvas application. Why does goocanvas 0.14 requires cairo 1.4
> > while pygoocanvas requires pycairo 1.8 ?
> >

> I am not sure this is true, as I am running the stock pycairo 1.4.12 and
> everything seems to work fine.

Hum, with goocanvas 0.14 and pygoocanvas 0.14 ?

>  I simply install python-pygoocanvas through apt
> and everything seems to work without taking extra steps, or installing libraries
> from source. If you find yourself having to do this sort of thing on a system
> like ubuntu, stop, take a deep breath, retrace your steps and figure out where
> you went wrong.

Ok, then you are using goocanvas 0.13 and strangely pygoocanvas 0.12 as
packaged on Ubuntu 9.04. This is a safe choice but in the GCompris case,
I do include goocanvas in our source code for several reasons. My goal
here was to use goocanvas 0.14 on Ubuntu and not the Ubuntu package of
it.

Bruno.