Re: Gnumeric: Help Required

How can we draw a box plot in gnumeric?

Regards,
Ujjwal Joshi

On 23/12/2011 12:35 AM, Andreas Guelzow wrote:
On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 17:20 +0530, Ujjwal Joshi wrote:
I am working in a software company and we were in the process of
selecting an open source for statistical analysis. I have tried to
list down the statistical analysis/tools that are required in our
profile/job and then mapped it to gnumeric to know whether this toll
furnishes all our requirements.

Would request you to go through the document and let me know incase I
have missed out some feature(s) in guneric, also would appreciate
in-case you can suggest some open source tool that will cater all are
requirements.
The primary open source statistics tool is the R-project. So for
hardcore statistical needs you may want to use that.

Nevertheless you missed some Gnumeric features.
2
Scatter
Plot
available in insert->chart

3
Box
Plot
available in insert->chart

4
Probability and Probability Distribution Plots
some
are
available in insert->chart

14
Hypothesis Testing
Lots of
hypothesis testing tools are available in Gnumeric. You need to be more specific.

14.3
F test
Statistics->TwoSampleTests->TwoVariances:FTest

14.4
Simple
t-test
Easily
done
using
TTEST
function

14.5
Paired
t-test
Statistics->TwoSampleTests->TwoMeans->...

Since Gnumeric is a spreadsheet program lots of the rest can probably be
easily constructed. (All the Statistics-> items are really constructed
from existing sheet functions.)

Andreas

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd (NSTL) accepts no responsibilities for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damages from virus and further acknowledges that no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of NSTL.