Re: Gnumeric: Help Required

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011, Andreas Guelzow wrote:

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 17:20 +0530, Ujjwal Joshi wrote:
I am working in a software company and we were in the process of
selecting an open source for statistical analysis. I have tried to
list down the statistical analysis/tools that are required in our
profile/job and then mapped it to gnumeric to know whether this toll
furnishes all our requirements.

Would request you to go through the document and let me know incase I
have missed out some feature(s) in guneric, also would appreciate
in-case you can suggest some open source tool that will cater all are
requirements.

The primary open source statistics tool is the R-project. So for
hardcore statistical needs you may want to use that.

Another option is gretl ( http://gretl.sf.net ). Not as complete as R but a lot more user-friendly. It has most though not all of the features on Mr Joshi's wish list.

Allin Cottrell