Re: Gnumeric: Help Required

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 17:20 +0530, Ujjwal Joshi wrote:
I am working in a software company and we were in the process of
selecting an open source for statistical analysis. I have tried to
list down the statistical analysis/tools that are required in our
profile/job and then mapped it to gnumeric to know whether this toll
furnishes all our requirements.

Would request you to go through the document and let me know incase I
have missed out some feature(s) in guneric, also would appreciate
in-case you can suggest some open source tool that will cater all are
requirements.

The primary open source statistics tool is the R-project. So for
hardcore statistical needs you may want to use that.

Nevertheless you missed some Gnumeric features.
2
Scatter
Plot
available in insert->chart

3
Box
Plot
available in insert->chart

4
Probability and Probability Distribution Plots
some
are
available in insert->chart

14
Hypothesis Testing
Lots of
hypothesis testing tools are available in Gnumeric. You need to be more specific.

14.3
F test
Statistics->TwoSampleTests->TwoVariances:FTest

14.4
Simple
t-test
Easily
done
using
TTEST
function

14.5
Paired
t-test
Statistics->TwoSampleTests->TwoMeans->...

Since Gnumeric is a spreadsheet program lots of the rest can probably be
easily constructed. (All the Statistics-> items are really constructed
from existing sheet functions.)

Andreas
--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>