Subject: Fwd: Nice job with solver!
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:58:28 +0530
From: ujjwal.joshi <ujjwal joshi newgen co in>
To: Ujjwal joshi <ujjwal joshi newgen co in>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Nice job with solver!
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:00:23 -0700
From: Jim Martin <jim martin utah edu>
To: gnumeric-list gnome org

Hello All:
I am a big fan but only occasional user of Gnumeric. In my work I rely
heavily on Excel to do fairly complex biomechanical computations.
Historically I have had three barriers to saying goodbye to excel and
going to Gnumeric full time; non linear solver, linking across
spreadsheets, and macro control.
Version 1.10.16 contains an excellent implementation of non linear
solver! Many thanks to the team members who worked on this!  I'm now
down to two barriers: linking across spreadsheets and macro control.
Yes, I know I could learn Python so maybe I only have 1.5 barriers
remaining.
Anyway, thanks and congrats on implementing non linear solver!
Best Wishes and Happy Solstice,
Jim

--
James C. Martin PhD, FACSM