Re: Charts: Is there a tutorial? (was:Re: LWN mention + charting UI improvements)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:21:45 +0100, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
Le samedi 10 mars 2007 à 16:05 +0100, Helge Hielscher a écrit :

For example I am in the need to replicate this chart:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=84300&action=view
and Emmanuel Pacaud replied that I could do this:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=84302&action=view
What would be enough since I am going to edit the chart anyay in inkscape.

But how do I replicate the chart?

It's a "line" chart, without what's called Grid object (and is in fact
chart backplane, we should rename this one), and with grid lines which
are childs of x and y axes.

Is it really a line chart? For me it looks like a bar/column chart?

Could someone please walk me through this? I have no clue at all how to
get to the chart:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=84302&action=view

The chart itself is not that helpful because there is nothing like a
overview of what type of chart it is and what options have been changed.

About the later: what about making all changed/non-default values bold?

Back to the topic. How do I reproduce the chart?
1. select date in the columns year and data
2. insert chart
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?