libgnumeric - os x

Hi, I'm looking for a spreadsheet calculation engine that can perform basic functions SUM() AVG() MIN() MAX() etc. that can be integrated into a cocoa application on the Mac OS X platform.

I'm basically asking if using some kind of core engine from gnumeric would be suitable?  I understand that is a component called libgnumeric that may suit my needs?

If someone could let me know if I'm totally mistaken or if it would indeed be possible then let me know..

many thanks

Simon