Re: libgnumeric - os x

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:07:29PM +1100, Simon Whitty wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a spreadsheet calculation engine that can perform basic
functions SUM() AVG() MIN() MAX() etc. that can be integrated into a cocoa
application on the Mac OS X platform.

I'm basically asking if using some kind of core engine from gnumeric would
be suitable?  I understand that is a component called libgnumeric that may
suit my needs?

If someone could let me know if I'm totally mistaken or if it would indeed
be possible then let me know..

Yes, there is a 'libspreadsheet' that embodies the majority of
gnumeric.  It's used in 'ssconvert' and 'ssindex', as well as the
main application.  It still requires linking to gui libraries like
gtk+, but it is smart enough to run headless.

At this point it is not considered API stable but the headers are
installed as part of the 1.7.x development series.