Re: Controlling gnumeric from Python

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:58:24AM -0800, Alexey Goldin wrote:

Well, this is not likely to work for me. py-func is an example how to
create custom functions for spreadsheet. I need to go in the opposite
direction --- there already exists an algorithm defined in Excel
spreadsheet and I need to call this algorithm from outside, from
Python or Java or C or whatever.  It does not seem to be possible
with gnumeric at this point ---- I really would like to be corrected.
For example, it is probably not possible to write Python function to
do Gnumeric optimization, right?

It's not all that far off.  If you look at the Makefile for
ssconvert and ssindex you can see the heart what is about to become
libgnumeric.