Re: Controlling gnumeric from Python

Thanks for the ssconvert to csv idea --  i've got several places where I can put that to very good use.

I have been wanting for some time to write some python code to parse the gnumeric xml format + have it create a pworkbook  -- http://www.earthenware-services.org/earthenwarewiki/PworkBook -- object to represent the gnumeric file.   I'd have quite a few uses for that + I suspect it isn't very much work to get something basic up and running.

Longer term, I think the way to go is to have some python bindings to Jody's libgnumeric.

John

Shahms King wrote:
Any particular reason you need to use Gnumeric from Python?  Assuming
the data you want is basic tabular data you can easily use ssconvert to
output a comma or tab delimited file and read that into Python using the
csvlib module...