installing gnumeric on OS X

Hi, I'm trying to install gnumeric on my new Mac OS X laptop, and I'm not
sure if I'm doing it correctly.  I downloaded the 1.4.3 tarball from the
gnumeric website, and ran ./configure, but got the following message:
"checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
required for intltool".

I'm worried that there may be other dependencies I don't have the software
to cover; does anybody have any advice on where to go from here? (I've
added no other UNIX software to my machine.)

Thanks!
David Romano