Re: Printer fonts and screen fonts differ (WORK_AROUND)

On Sat, 2005-06-08 at 20:18 -0700, Raymond Lillard wrote:
I have a bit more information and a suitable (for me) work-around.

As described above, I am using Xfce4 as my window manager.  On a
whim, I started the gnome desktop environment rather than xfce4
and to my amazement, the screen and print documents look the same.

Going back and forth between Gnome and Xfce4 the problem is evident
only when Xfce4 is active.  Now I am a very long way from knowing
why, but it is quite repeatable, if someone wants to take it on.

Interestingly, when Gnome is active the on-screen rendering is now
wider as the printed version had been all along.  This is the
reverse of my expectation as I had assumed the solution would
result in the printed image changing to match the on screen image.

If anybody wants to pursue this further and needs me to test
something or report on my configuration, do not hesitate to
ask.  Other than that, I can live with my work-around.  Now
I need to get back to real work.

I have attached a screen shot showing both the print preview and the
original document in an xfce4 session.

If I save that workbook in the xfce4 session and open it in a gnome
session, I get the _same_ effect. On the other if I recreate the file,
the print preview and the sheet view coincide.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps