Compile success! and writing plugins?

Wow, I finally have succeeded in compiling Gnumeric 1.3, thank you to all for
the comments regarding me earlier autogen problems. Particular thanks are also
due to Andreas for his help off-list.

On a minor(?) note, I do get an error panel on launch:

Errors while initializing plugin system.
Errors while reading info about available plugins.
Errors occurred while reading plugin informations from file
"/usr/lib/gnumeric/1.3.0/plugins/gnome-db/plugin.xml".
Errors while reading services for plugin with id="Gnumeric_GnomeDB".
Error while reading service #1 info.
Unknown service type: ui.

However, this does not appear to inhibit simple calculations in the spreadsheet.

So now I would like to try writing a plugin. I have not found
plugins/sample/plugin-sample.c in my download and
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnumeric/plugins/sample/ is empty. The attic
contains it with a log entry of "Get rid of old plugins". I take-it that the
attic plugin-sample.c would not work well with 1.3? Could you direct me to where
to find an appropriate plugin-sample.c or is it not available yet? What other
resources are good for learning how to write plugins in C for gnumeric?

Thanks, Bob

--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,