Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:56, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
For mutual embedding we really need proper SVG support. So Gnumeric can
make a SVG representation of itself (same for Abi) and we can embed these
as images in each others applications.

librsvg is not good enough. We need to be able to print SVG images and
have decent text support.

I do believe this is where Inkscape comes in.  The only issue there is
the priority they have placed on exporting their SVG canvas into a
library.  (It's planned but a few versions away.)  I'm sure we could
coerce a change of mind. ;)

We also need a presentation program. I'm of the opinion that it would be
rather easy to re-use about 95% of the AbiWord codebase for this and get
something decent within a year if I do it all myself. It would go much
faster if other developers got involved.

Definitely a combination of some features from all GO and potentials -
Abiword (textboxen and layout), Gnumeric (graphing), Inkscape (SVG in
general), and maybe even Dia (diagrams).
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>