Re: Two ssconvert questions.

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 09:00:18PM -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
http://operator.net-tech.us/test/

This one was saved using ssconvert
(ssconvert xxx.xls index.html)
Notice that the spaces are considerably smaller.
In the original doc, there are four rows of space
here:

Well, there really seem to be two empty table rows. THey are contained
in both the XL-generated html code and the gnumeric generated code. The
only difference is that the XL generated code contains style
specifications refering to a style sheet that seems to contain fixed row
heights and column widths, while the gnumeric generated html uses
default widths.

I personally don't think we should hardcode the widths and heights.

Sounds like an option we'll probably have to look into at some
point.  The abi-folk have made a request to support col/row sizes
when exporting tables to improve interoperability.

These warning messages mean that libgnomeprint can't find Arial.

So how should this be remedied?
They are ignorable unless you intend to print things.  We have a
hard coded internal table of common font sizes to attempt to
preserve sizes with xls files.

In the future we'll be initializing the gnome-print font only as
necessary, and the warning will disappear.