Re: Rearranging small set of cells into another set

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 13:46, lucasm ohiou edu wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking around and have not found a way to do the following. I'm
hoping someone can point me to some options.

I would simply like to take a set of 10 cells and sort them into another
ten cells. More concretely, I have a set of 10 scores, and I want to sum
the highest 8. I am looking at sorting them into another set of 10
columns and then summing the first 8 columns.

Is there a way to do this with available gnumeric functions?

You could use the ranking tool (Tools->Statistical Analysis->Ranks &...)
or write appropriate formulas using the 'large' function.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences