[OOfftopic} Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Martin Sevior wrote:

Anybody know of good writeups of the two in a face-off?  Google brought
me little in this regard, except for a few kudo's for Gnumeric, similar
to my early impressions of the two as they stack up.

For a deeply scientific comparision:
http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Gnumeric&q2=OOCalc&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

Gnumeric is clearly better!
;)

Ummm I tried AbiWord vs Open Office. I'm afraid OO wins easily in
the "Mind Share" department :-(

http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=AbiWord&q2=Open+Office&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

but abiword beats both OOWrite and OOWriter!
http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=AbiWord&q2=OOWriter&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

however i must concede that Gnome Office loses to OpenOffice and Open
Office although it does wine over their "official" copyrighted name
OpenOffice.org
http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Gnome+Office&q2=OpenOffice.org&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

Sincerely

Alan

PS yes i CC'ed the abiword list because this may be of interest,
apologies to the gnumeric list for this silliness ;)