Re: paradox support: help needed

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:04:35PM +0100, Uwe Steinmann wrote:

Does pxlib use pkg-config ?  That would be ideal.
I wouldn't mind to use pkg-config, if I just knew how to
get it going. Is pkg-config something gnome specific?

It's trivial.  pkg-config is part of freedesktop.org so its fairly
agnostic.  All that is required is to install a .pc file

eg in libgsf we have

libgsf-1.pc.in
prefix= prefix@
exec_prefix= exec_prefix@
libdir= libdir@
includedir= includedir@

Name: libgsf-1
Version: @VERSION@
Requires: glib-2.0 gobject-2.0 libxml-2.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgsf-1
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libgsf-1

Then in configure.in you include libgsf-1.pc in the AC_OUTPUT
and in Makefile.am you install it into
    pkgconfigdir = $(libdir)/pkgconfig
    pkgconfig_DATA = libgsf-1.pc

and throw the .pc.in into EXTRA_DIST