Re: referencing a cell in a different workbook

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 07:06:42PM -0400, Richard BUMBY wrote:
It also doesn't always create the links correctly within gnumeric!
Readers of this list in the US will recognize the name Form1040 that I
used for a sheet in a workbook I was using recently.  I used "Paste
Link" to create a link to a cell on this page from another page in the
same workbook.  The reference was generated without quotes.  When the
saved workbook was opened later, quotes had been inserted that made
this a string constant instead of a link.  Eventually, I was able to
add quotes to the cell contents in just the right place (around the
name of the sheet) to get a link that would persist.

Interesting, I can vaguely see how that could happen.  Please file a
bug report and supply a clear description of what you did and how it
failed.

<field_of_dreams_voice>
    If you file it, we will fix it.
</field_of_dreams_voice>

Seriously, that is a significant enough problem that we'd do an
emergency 1.0.x release to get it patched.