Re: COUPNCD COUPPCD Aarrrghhhh!

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:23:14PM -0500, James R. Van Zandt wrote:

 - The documentation for each function should mention that some MS
implementations differ.
Good idea.

 - Also, it would be useful to have an audit tool that highlighted use
of any such functions.  Picture this scenario: "Gnumeric imports my XL
file, but it gets different results, therefore gnumeric is junk".
Hmm, this will be trickier.  The import plugins will need to handle
this because obviously the 'compatible' flags would apply at that
level.  I'll keep it in mind for the 1.1 cycle.  There are some
other extras to put into that area too.