Re: Cell format of long text?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:02:49PM -0800, Gregory Margo wrote:

However, if I reference that first cell in another cell, the text is
truncated at the edge of the second cell.

This behavior is different from Excel's.  Is there some cell formatting
property I need to apply to make the second cell look like the first?

No, I decided on this behaviour for 1.0.  For performance reasons it
was cleaner to make this restriction for now.  In 1.1 when we
move to a full just in time spanning it will be supported along with
a few other features, like spanning numbers.