Re: Gnumeric's sudden death

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:25:27PM +0100, Paul wrote:
Hello,

I have been using Gnumeric (0.64) for a while and I like it a lot.
2 days ago, from one day to another, it does not start anymore but tells me
it crashes because of a segmentation fault. The only change that I made to
my system is a new monitor. I can hardly believe that is the cause of the
problem though... Reinstalling the program (RPM) after removing it first did
not lead to any improvement.

I am running Mandrake 8.0 on 1.2Ghz Thunderbird, 256Megs of Ram and XFCE as
window manager. All Gnome libraries are installed, I can run any other Gnome
based application without a problem. Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

The most likely cause is fonts.  Some versions of gnome-print (0.30, 0.31)
were very sensitive to missing fonts associated with encodings other
than straight ascii.  try either upgrading to 0.34 or downgrading to
0.29.  You might also try running in LC_ALL C as a test to see if
this is indeed the problem.

Good Luck, and please upgrade to 1.0.
    Jody