Re: Gnumeric's sudden death

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:36:58 -0500
Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

I have been using Gnumeric (0.64) for a while and I like it a lot.
2 days ago, from one day to another, it does not start anymore but tells
me it crashes because of a segmentation fault. The only change

The most likely cause is fonts.  Some versions of gnome-print (0.30, 0.31)
were very sensitive to missing fonts associated with encodings other
than straight ascii.  try either upgrading to 0.34 or downgrading to
0.29.  You might also try running in LC_ALL C as a test to see if
this is indeed the problem.

Aarrrghh!! Hi Jody,
Thanks for waking me up!! I made another change indeed. I updated a settings
file (/etc/sysconfig/i18n)so the LC_CTYPE and LC+MONETARY point to IE euro
since we in Europe are using a new coin these days. I'll turn that back and
see what happens!!

Thanks,
Paul

--
Silence is one of the hardest things to refute.
-Josh Billings

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.7.0