Re: Gnumeric export format xhtml

Hello,

I can't compile cvs version of gnumeric. I use a debian system (sid version). I made a debian package to install properly libgsf because there is not yet this package because no version of libgsf was released. Like the debian package gal is in version 0.3 and the request is >=0.5, i start to compile from cvs too, but it request gnomeConf.sh that it not present on my system. I search on http://packages.debian.org, if a package own this file and i found libgnome-dev 1.4.1.7-2. But if i install the package it want to desinstall libgnome2-dev So i checkout from cvs repository gnome-libs and when i compile it and obtain that message:
configure: error:
***                    ***** IMPORTANT *****
***
*** This is a development version of gnome-libs. You should be using a stable *** version, which is available at ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-libs/ *** The version you just configured is meant for developers of gnome-libs only:
***
***   * You should not base ANY software on this version of gnome-libs.
***
*** If you are using this source tree from CVS, please run:
***     cvs update -r gnome-libs-1-0
*** now.
I launch the command and after that i have compiled error in libgnome which i suppose normal if it download source from gnome1.

May i miss a point somewhere ? Can you give me advice to have a clean development environment for gnome ?

I take 2 days of holiday, so i will return monday.

Thanks.
rsf

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:

Just some comments:

Changing the html exporter to export xhtml is virtually trivial and definitely does not require any significant amount of coding. Essentially we need to:

1) change all the tags to lowercase (they are currently all upper case)
2) make sure we quote all attributes (I believe that is only necessary for rowspan and colspan.)

and

4) depending on whether we create html or xhtml include the correct header info

Since items 1 to 3 are valid for html, the main code can do double duty.

Andreas

--
SALIOU Renaud                                  NoRSfall (icq: 61340098)
rsf cyberion net                                         06.99.75.50.30