Re: severe problems with fonts under russian locale with gnumeric-0.71

We must thanks to Ximian's gnome-print, for that it makes most major GNOME
applications unusable craps for at least all CJK multibyte Linux/UNIX environment.
KDE(most are from Qt2 feature, though) and Microsoft(all are from evil proprietary
power, though) do this much better.

Gnumeric, gedit, dia, Evolution and all that depends on gnome-print are broken.
We cannot input Japanese chars into Gnumeric without patch because it uses font
lists from gnome-print but gnome-print doesn't have correct fonts.

I believe gnome-print is #1 in the hall of shame for GNOME i18n, and I wonder
why that name uses 'gnome-' officially.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:30:15 +0400 (SAMT)