Re: Some problems related to internationalization

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 08:52:53AM -0700,
"Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow math concordia ab ca> wrote:

I tried it and then Gnumeric said,

         Invalid expression
"Edit Expression" "Discard Expression"

It seems gnumeric couldn't understand expression with Japanese EUC
character code.

I guess it must be a parser problem. (I was afraid it was something I
broke in the analysis tools.)

I found interesting behavior.  I made a workbook having two sheets
(named Sheet1 and Sheet2) and Sheet2 had a cell with the expression
referring a cell in Sheet1 (like =Sheet1!A1).  Then I changed the name
of Sheet1 to Japanese name.  Then, it appeared that expression in the
cell in Sheet2 referring to Sheet1 (now it is Japanese) follows and
had Japanese sheet name in expression, and the referring value was
correct.

Thus it seems expressions with Japanese sheet name are working without
problem.
So I think validation of expression when entering expression is too
strict for Japanese character.  Is it easy to change this in gnumeric
source code?  But I'm not good at C...

Thanks in advance,
--
Etsushi Kato