Re: Rounding??

"Andreas J. Guelzow" wrote:

That's correct if we only consider a finite population. We really have a
continuum of numbers in that interval that are uniformly distributed. In
that case, which way the single value 0.5000000... is rounded has in
fact no influence on the integral calculating the expected value.

And here we have to bow to reality(?).  The very fact that we are rounding  means
that we are working with a finite population.  By rounding, we are making holes in
the continuum.

Andreas

PS: perhaps we should continue this discussion in private

Possably, but I, for one, am enjoying watching the conversation.