Re: Rounding??

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 10:32:24PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

But the latter is _not_ correct (neither is the former, but it si very
doubtful that gnumeric in fact gives that answer!)

Lets back up here a bit.

Lets assume that this, 0 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 0,  5 is close to the later
rather than former 0.  ie.  In most cases people are happy with rounding
up.

I can accept that gnumeric might choice the opposite option, though it
would be nice to have a switch change behaviour.

Gnumeric seems to be inconsistent though in its approach.

Consider 3.55 which displays as 3.5 at 1 dp and 4 at 0 dp, similarily
for 3.5.

Also 3.555 displays as 3.56 at 2 dp, and finally the one that I first
noticed 3.375 displays as 3.37 at 2dp.

I assume this means that their is a bug, if I'm being an idiot then
maybe someone can point out my problem.  Otherwise I'll go file a bug.

Nicholas