Re: wishlist: file export feature

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:31:56AM -0800, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
On Monday 24 December 2001 09:12 am, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
Or even use attributes, assuming that spreadsheets will ignore
attributes they are unfamilar with (a fairly safe assumption):

... <td formula="a1+a2"> 45 </td> ...

This does _not_ work for HTML. The standards don't allow for
undefined attributes.

Did you try it? Because this _does_ work for HTML. I tested the
following file successfully in 5 browsers (Mozilla, Konqueror, Lynx,
Galeon and Opera):

Woooahhh there lads.  Before we start defining our own meta-magical
version of html to store a workbook lets do a few things first.  1.1
will be upon us shortly and we can break things again but first and
most importantly

1) Release 1.0 (I'm trying for Release Candidate 2 today)

Then way way down on the importance scale
96) Split Gnumeric's notion of a Saver into
        - Serialization (minimal lossage, eg xml)
        - Rendering (concentrates on display, eg text or latex)

97) Have a look at MS Excel's magic html (why have 2 bogus
    non-standard formats) ?