Re: charts

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:20:31AM -0400, Carole Womeldorf wrote:
It is good to hear that this is high priority.  In the mean time could you or
somebody please provide (or are they already part of a README file) the exact
installation instructions (including precise file names) for all of guppi and
gnumeric and bonobo?  Please include any extra steps that are necessary if one
is installing it over another copy.

The README in Gnumeric should cover the package requirements for
installing Gnumeric from source.  I am reticent to provide too many
details on how to produce a Gnumeric aware guppi component lest
people get the impression that it is ready for real use.  Consider
it a puzzle to ensure that people don't attempt to rely on it.  Let
me be very clear :
Good
    - It is possible to create guppi graphs from Gnumeric
    - They recalculate and update as expected.
    - They print and print preview. (broken in my tree)

Bad
    - There is no ability to save them.
    - There is no ability to load them (in Gnumeric or XL forms).
    - There is no way to configure them
    - The is no way to change the expressions associated with them
    - The guppi side leaks (Fixed in my tree)

The code in CVS is currently a demonstration, and has been for
months.  I am now actively working on this.  Give me a few more days
to get something in place.