Re: charts

Il Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:40:57 -0400 (EDT), Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> pigiando sui tasto riusci' a
scrivere:

Re. plotting, the suggestion is to wait a few months.  This is "not
ready for prime time" but it is a priority for developers.  If you
really want to have the pleasure of seeing gnumeric produce a graph,
then grab, compile and install the latest version of Guppi, and
configure (then compile and install) gnumeric with bonobo (so along
the way you need to install a recent bonobo too, which means also a
recent oaf...).
I've guppi installed and working, bonobo installed, gnumeric-0.69 compiled --with-bonobo but the guru doesn't
appear!!
Ok, I'll wait till the developers will put the code inside gnumeric, but, IMHO, I think it's frustrating to
have a nice product working at half of its power.

 If this makes no sense, then just wait.  Even if you
do jump through all the hoops, right now Gnumeric will produce only a
small subset of the graphs you might wish for, and they will not be
very configurable.
If it works, it should be enough for me. What I need is a simple line-chart to show my data to my boss.

Ciao. Stefano           --wmw--
http://members.xoom.it/stz/