Re: charts

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Carole Womeldorf wrote:

Overall I like gnumeric (Intel, RH 7.1, Ximian Gnome 1.4) except
two things - I can't get the chart command (graph guru?) to do
anything,
And my backspace doesn't work unless I click in the box.
Obviously the plotting is the more critical of the two -
suggestions?

Re. plotting, the suggestion is to wait a few months.  This is "not
ready for prime time" but it is a priority for developers.  If you
really want to have the pleasure of seeing gnumeric produce a graph,
then grab, compile and install the latest version of Guppi, and
configure (then compile and install) gnumeric with bonobo (so along
the way you need to install a recent bonobo too, which means also a
recent oaf...).  If this makes no sense, then just wait.  Even if you
do jump through all the hoops, right now Gnumeric will produce only a
small subset of the graphs you might wish for, and they will not be
very configurable.

Allin Cottrell.