SYLK format description..?

Could you point me to a site that would have a "recent"  and
robust/comprehensive description of the SYLK format.  I have searched a
number of sites (primarily unix/linux sites - [microsoft is useless]) and
have only found what seems to be MS/Excel 2.0 version of SYLK.  I am looking
for the most recent format description/specification available.

Thanx in advance for any help you can provide...

Dan Sandvold
mailto:DanSandvold AlliantFS com <mailto:DanSandvold AlliantFS com>
Alliant Foodservice
Deerfield IL 60018