Re: post-next snapshot

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 01:28:32PM -0800, toddg wrote:
I'm trying to get a program on Linux to batch convert from excel to csv
and gnumeric formats.  Does anyone know how I might break the conversion
code out of gnumeric, or otherwise compile a lib to import Excel?
(without the GUI, of course...)

Where might I look first?

There are two ways of approaching this.
    1) Treat most of the gnumeric code a library, and create a
       slightly modified version of main.c.
    2) Wait until the CORBA factories have been updated to work with
       the new Workbook MVC split.

Neither approach is plug and play.  (1) is probably slightly less
work.  However, no architectural changes are needed.  These are
mainly some finishing work.

1) also seems like fastest approach.

Would anyone on this list be available for a contract project to implement
something like this?