Re: SYLK format description..?

Could you point me to a site that would have a "recent"  and
robust/comprehensive description of the SYLK format.  I have searched a
number of sites (primarily unix/linux sites - [microsoft is useless]) and
have only found what seems to be MS/Excel 2.0 version of SYLK.  I am looking
for the most recent format description/specification available.

Thanx in advance for any help you can provide...

You might try:
http://www.worldgate.ca/~rschulz/misc/
http://www.worldgate.ca/~rschulz/misc/parseslk.awk
http://www.worldgate.ca/~rschulz/misc/sylksum.doc

It is entirely likely that there is no specification newer than what
was available with Excel 2.0; SYLK is a quite ancient format, and
there is _no_ guarantee that there has been any improvement in
MS support of it since the awk script referenced was created in
1997.

If the result is not robust, you're not likely to have much in the
way of recourse.  SYLK is not something Microsoft is _seriously_
supporting these days...